View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #32
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Originally Posted by godspeed06
i am surprised with the large increase in hp and torque... thats great. but it still has the engine ass backwards, has four-wheel drive, and is a PIG... im sorry, but 3400 pounds is A LOT. you may point out that lamborghinis/ whatever are heavier, but that doesnt change the fact that its still HEAVY. youre simply naming more HEAVY cars....
I could understand the weight, but now u are trashing the rear engine and 4WD? Porsche has perfected the rear engine layout, just look at the Nurb. times. The 911 TT as said in the article are not meant to be road version race cars, GT2, GT3 will take care of that end of the deal.
first of all, porsche hasnt perfected anything. thats just ignorant. they may make a competitive sportscar with a retarded design which they have brilliantly made comparable to better overall designs, but they certainly havent perfected anything.
I think you should read what you just typed

second of all, the nurb ring times are beat by a daily driver which costs 60k less...
Not all ppl who wants a reliable car should buy a Carmy. Some ppl might afford to sacrifice a ted reliability for looks, luxury....etc. Same goes for Vette vs Porsche. There's no doubt about the bang for the buck about corvette, but a 911 is unique the way it is.....the sound of a flat 6, the characteristic of a rear engine setup, its brakes, its looks..... 60k is just ur value in things, I am sure alot of ppl think 60k for all that is well worthed...

third of all, youre paying a LOT of money for a SPORTSCAR which isnt meant to be "race[d]"... what are u supposed to do with it then, sit around and circle jerk in the office with all your other porsche owning buddies?
I think the term u are looking for is sports GT.