View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by Spiffu View Post
I don't think you've even played it.

I saw from the very movies and screens this wasn't going to be some "hardcore custom from the genetic level" kind of creature creation game. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. If they had done only the singe cell level and thats it, maybe. But it wouldn't be that accessible and probably not that fun.

If you've seen the creatures already being made out there, which everyone's creations populate the worlds you play on, you'll see the editors are extremely well made. I've had a blast playing it thus far and I in no way consider myself a "casual" gamer.
As a matter of fact, it is still installed on my machine. I have already made it through to the space stage once, and am now going through it again. I am giving it every chance I can.

I don't have time to talk about a game that I have never played. I leave that to the silly internet kids.

Here go some pics:

Would you like video too?

I was looking forward to this game, as were many others, and we were all let down.
This game started on a much more ambitious road than it ended up on. If you aren't aware of that, then you didn't follow its development until the end of its cycle.

If you feel that this editor is an achievement, then it's obvious our standards are much different. The creations that are being made by people are pitiful. Which is not necessarily the fault of the one who made it, but the lack of a deep editor to create with. Like I said, it was original supposed to be much more.

If you are having a blast playing it, enjoy. I on the other hand am not. It is mildly entertaining, and I stress mildly. The game is very simply in every respect. A my-first-sandbox game geared towards kids or casual gamers - My opinion.