View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM   #26
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Vansquish
As far as I can remember it had police in Fox-body Mustangs, as did NFS SE, NFS2 and 2SE had cops too if memory serves.
True, but the game was more about driving with the odd smokey tagging you while out speeding - but driving first, evading cops second.

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 had cops as well, even if the latest two versions (U and U2) don't. So I think that makes a sum total of 7 NFS games with cops.
HP 1 was ok - ish... but now it was becoming like tag with cop cars...

HP 2 with the barrels was the last straw..

I guess the cops in NFS I, II, IISE and III were a subtle part of the succesful formula.. so succesful they didn't stand out like the later one.

I tried to put I & IISE an a Wn2K system and no go - any ideas how to get I or IISE to work?

I wanna try the classics again...
My little bro spent a lot of time trying to figure that out...basically you have to install a DOS emulator, or install DOS itself and run it from there.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote