View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

if you like burnouts, the 3000 GT is not your car... if you like a high tech gagety-laiden car, it is. They are a bit on the heavy side, and feel it being thrown into corners. Still, there is plenty of grip... but it wont feel at all like your RX7.

I think the Stealth had the active suspension, while the 3000 GT had that, and active rear steering... very clever, and a banned technology from Formula 1.

I think the exterior styling is somewhere between Camaro, and Corvette. IMHO, it doesn't feel remotely japanese in styling.

Exhaust note isn't particularly fun, but some aftermarket pipes would help that a lot. If you would think of tuning it, the Stealth is the cheaper option to go. However, the 3000 GT will hold it's value better... or if you look at it, the Stealth is going to cost you significantly less.

Well known issues with the car is that the OEM clutch is worthless. A cheap and readily available aftermarket option lasts far longer, and feels much better... definitely something to check up on the 3000 GT/ Stealth forums that are out there.

Interior on the car will feel dated, but perhaps less so then your 7, and a significant step up.

All in all, I think 17 is a bit much for the asking price; 13-14 seems more appropriate. Even then, perhaps a bit on the high side. This largly depends on what state your in.

Best of luck on your search