View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #36
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
Thanks nthfinity for the info concerning Ruf. They always seem to help out the U.S. customer when Porsche occasionally forgets about us. I’m especially referring to the 930. The RGT doesn’t seem to be a true RS conversion though .

The GT3 RS runs on Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires which while have an aggressive tread i.e. fewer groves to expel water, they aren’t considered semi-racing slicks like the tires on the CSL which are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup. I believe that the RS would be significantly faster with semi slicks.

Somebody correct me if I m wrong but I interrupted the chart of the track with lap times to be a comparison of a standard GT3 and not the RS to a CSL. I think that the RS would be faster than the CSL on a tight track like Oschersleben. If you compare the SA results of the CSL to the RS on HHR which is definitely a tight track the RS came in at 1.11,8 vs 1.13,5 for the CSL. The RS was 2-3 km/hr faster in the turns than the CSL. The track temperature was 34 degrees Celsius for the CSL and 17 degrees for the GT3 RS. 34 degrees is pretty hot, so I don’t know how this affected the CSL’s time. I do know that SA mentioned that the 997 would have been faster around HHR if the temperature wasn’t so hot and the temperature for the 997 test was 30 degrees Celsius.

Dingo22 I don’t mean to speak for st-anger here but I know that like most people he prefers the red color scheme on the GT3 RS.
..well said lakatu - the times shown are the std. GT3 times, RS would be quite some seconds faster there...

...and yes, you´re right the red scheme is my fav one...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote