View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #19
scumhookleo
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when I pass a Corvette around a corner in my Buick, and I've still got plenty in reserve...
Your on the street you assclown. Take it to the track where it belongs..

(wonders if this kids parents know that their kid has 0 responsibility .)
"Assclown"???

Given the area of the country you're from, I think I'll take that as a compliment...

I'm not sure how to get this point across more clearly than it's already been made, so I'll try to use small words
I'm not advocating street racing, or any kind of dangerous and/or illegal driving; however it's possible to enjoy your car without endagering other road users and putting your license at risk.

For example, don't sit in the fast lane in your shiny new z06 doing 10 mph slower than the rest of the traffic. Another example - a transition ramp from one freeway to another (very common here in Los Angeles), the limit is 65 and there are no cars in front of you - don't slow down - take the corner at 65 and enjoy your car (and don't hold up the guy in the Buick behind you trying to enjoy his!!!)

Now you may argue that you take your car out on the track once every few months, therefore there's no need to push it on the street. If that's how you feel, then that's fine - I just happen to think it's a waste of a great sports car to use it in this fashion.
scumhookleo is offline   Reply With Quote