View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #40
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
MOVED:

posted by BADMIHAI

Is Porsche worth the money?

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...er=asc&start=0 After reading this thread (and others) I've come to the conclusion that many people think Porsches aren't worth the money, and you're only paying for the badge. They say the Corvette is better or at least just as good. I personally think the GT3 is a far better machine than the Z06 and the new C6. I'm waiting for st-anger to tell me why Porsches are really worth the money.

answer by mindgam3:

two words

German Engineering
well, already quite a good point from mindgam3...that summs it all up really good because i think we don´t need a discussion about german cars in general, they´re definitely amon the best...

so, Porsches ARE expensive that´s for sure, BUT the buyers get a car that is definitely quite unique among its competitors...

only some key facts...
Porsches are designed for sports car drivers, not for the garage like other manufacturers do, a Porsche is extremely reliable and only the best parts will be installed, PAG has one of the hardest test programs of all sports car manufacturers this goes together with the whole Porsche racing programm, PAG is the most successful brand in racing, won nearly everything what´s possible and among with BWM PAG has always been on top with some very new technologies for their road cars, mainly directely from racing cars...
so we can list here an endless list, and in the end a Porsche is IMO definitely NOT overpriced, and when talking about money, just think of the extremely good resale value, no other cars keep their prices as Porsches...
and last but not least what one needn´t buy but what´s a no cost option on every Porsche: the heritage, the history, the passion and everyone will agree that´s what no other manufacturer or brand has in that specific unique style...

so although i´ve heared some good things about the new Vette, and also the older one, even if it´s half the price and same performance like a Porsche, my choice´d be clear...

i think some others ( yeah my friend, it´s your turn again ) may point all this out a bit more extensive, sorry i don´t have more time, but promise that i´ll have a look at the GT3 vs. C6 topic...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote