View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
JaguarEtype
Regular User

Except Ferrari.

According to the maker of the game, “some car makers want more money to be featured than all the rest of the car makers put together”. Sadly, his mobile went dead before I could confirm it was indeed the Eyeties. Technology, eh? So I rang a Ferrari spokesman who explained that his company was fantastically litigious and protective of the cars, the racers and even the noises they make. And that they already have a deal with EA Games. Well, that’s complete and utter madness, because as a result my nine-year-old is growing up wanting a Honda NSX.

He’s worked out that if you want to win races this is by far the best car to use. If I didn’t know better, and there were no laws of libel, I’d suggest that maybe Honda had indeed bunged Sony a few quid to give a few more digital horsepower.

Whatever, my boy cannot be unique. All over the world there are other kids who know the fastest car in the world is Honda’s V6 supercar. And that’s what they’ll buy when they grow up.

Except they won’t, because last month Honda announced that after a 15-year production run the NSX is about to die.

It was never the prettiest car in the world. It’s rather as though someone described a Ferrari to someone over the phone. And unlike its Italian rivals it was not a passionate car. But it was hugely technical. The noise of the engine. The feel of that all aluminium backbone. It felt digital rather than analogue.

i always knew ferrari was difficult to get into car games (their apparantly very demanding with their cars etc), then again if jap car companies are throwing money at sony (which wouldnt suprise me) to make their cars better i can understand why companies like ferrari or lamborghini etc will not bother with having their fabulous cars in a game that might even have the slightest amount of bias
lets face it, if a Honda NSX were to beat an Ferrari Enzo in a game its going to raise a few eyebrows. however it is a shame that GT4 doesnt have some of the best and most notorious names affiliated with racing
JaguarEtype is offline   Reply With Quote