View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:02 AM   #12
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Illegal engine swap?
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
How so?

when I was hunting for a skyline a while back, I came across some statutes in the state of NY that say that certain engine swaps make the cars illegal to operate on public roads, then again this was from a supervisor guy at the DMV so I am still not that convinced but you know one can never be too careful... any kind of engine swap which requires cutting or modifying the engine bay for fitment, engine coming from donor car that is not legal to buy in the USA case in point, engines ranging from the 1998-99 SR20det, the mitsubishi 3.5L pajero v6, evo III, IV 4g63T engines (which there are quite a few DSM out here with, another thing I know to be illegal here is exhaust systems, at least is what I was told about my RX-7 when I bought the RE-Amemiya system, also anything made by Hayame is not even available for sale in NY or NJ

just another set of rules from the fucked state of NY, laws are not that different in jersey either but at least you can have more room to play around with

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote