View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:35 AM   #20
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
St-anger is there a certain time of year when the track conditions might be most favorable. Like maybe September when it is a little cooler? I bet Ferrari at least waits for the best possible conditions before handing over the car. Personally I think they are scared.
...VERY hard to say as the weather in the region where NS is located, the "Eifel", is not very stable and predictable, and especially in late summer/fall there´s always "danger" of bad weather, just like we´re having now with temperatures of 8°C (!!!) in the morning, so there´ll be lots od damp and wet spots round the ´ring...
on the other hand in hot summer time, june, july it´s obvious that it´s not only bad for performance but also for the tires...
on such a long and unique track like NS u always have to have some luck as well, but i´m with u that WHEN Ferrari is comming with an Enzo this year then in late summer or fall, wouldn´t have expected them during summer time...
but again, "waiting" for good conditions is probably only possible for teams located right next to NS like Manthey...

we´ll see....
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote