View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
In-car view: Looks great, all the small details look superb, the gloves, instrument panels everything looks pretty good, but you dont see a hand movement to the gear shift when you change gears, and I think thats a very important detail I hope PD doesnt forget, lets see if in the final game is fixed.
Yeah - that is a detail that has been modelled in real time, but not in the replays.

So while you are driving with in car view on, you see the driver shift - in fact, if you hold the revs to top of the RPM range, he even takes his hand off the wheel, and puts it on the shifter in anticipaiton of the upcoming shift... the same way I do in when I drive so as to be sure not to mess up/rush the red line shift hehe.

But in the replay - he leaves his hands on the wheel.

Strange.

And just in case anyone missed the technical update a few pages back - hte G25 clutch is supported 100% - with the clutch mode on, you cannot shft without using the clutch

I think the AI in GT3/4 was so bad, that this improved AI is 100% better - but it is not 100% complete, I will agree with the "30% complete" assesment... but they do try and most of the time won't ram you.

And if you ram them, you get a time penalty where you become a ghost and your throttle does not work.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote