View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #13
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09

im saying the GTs competition was the 360 and currently is the F430. right when the GT came out ferrari still hadnt come out with the 430 AFAIK so its competition at the time was the 360 by default and actually it had 150 less hp not my fault the ferrari was lacking.

currently though the F430 is the fords rival as i stated in my first post and the 430 is exacly even in performance on the track if not slightly edged out.
Fine 150bhp then. Good. Ferrari lacking? So I guess the 911 turbo and a whole lot of other cars are lacking then? Thats were my "Has no place in the market" line comes in. Its significantly more powerful then the 400+ sports cars like the F430, Z06, 911TT...And its short to go against the hypercars...

Even then, it has an indentical time to an F430(which is running slow Bridgestones, not the optional faster Pirellis).

So in the end, it beat an an old outdated 360 and it couldnt beat its replacement. What can I say. Bravo Ford
well yea the porsche is lacking (@415 for the 911tt) currently and the new 911TT will have about 500hp im sure so we will have to wait for the new model. and sorry the ferrari has crappy tires, i didnt make that decision.

i never said it was significantly more powerful than the F430 or the Z06, 50hp is not alot when you are talking close to 500.

and no it doesnt really "beat" its replacement (we could argue for days about which has better performance and get nowhere since they are so close) but it sure as hell doesnt lose either. its right on par with the benchmark of its class and the fastest ferrari currently on sale. i would see that as being a good thing and yes indeed congrats ford.

and you are seriously saying that its a bad thing that it has more horsepower than its rivals? i dont understand? i guess ford should detune it. i think its an accomplishment that people actually do compare it to the enzo and CGT even though it doenst compete with them.