View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #160
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
I really don't get the FIA... How come they let this happen?! This should have been caught from day one. For me, this is FIA's fault as well as Toyota's.

So I don't think they should be punished hardly; maybe just a fine or something. I mean, it's not like they had any advantage with this...

And come on... This isn't comparable with B.A.R.'s case...
Of course it is!

How can you defend Toyota by saying its the FIA's fault when BAR had their tank and used it in the same manner as San Marion since december 2004 AND had it inspected and confirmed legal by FIA's own technical delegates and race director charlie whiting? Surely that shows you how mis-intepreted the rules are: If the FIA's own technical employees don't understand the rules, how can they acuse BAR of intepreting as the FIA didn't want them to??!?

As I said, the fact is, BAR gained no performance advantage and their tank was completely legal - this is what the FIA think as well. But questions on a few technicalities regarding the confusing and contradicting rules were raised. BAR didn't think what they were doing was illegal and niether did the stewards and race director.

Hence whether BAR broke the rules is hardly clear cut and could easily go one way or the other if, like myself you're none bias towards BAR.

Toyotas case is completely clear cut: they KNEW they were breaking one of the fundamental rules that is written in every motorsport championship regarding licences and there's no excuse.

Either way, my feeling is the FIA are going to be completely inconsistent with the Toyota ruling....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote