View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #158
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by mindgam3

Originally Posted by FIA Rules
LICENCES
10) All drivers, competitors and officials participating in the Championship must hold a FIA Super Licence.
Applications for Super Licences must be made to the FIA through the applicant's ASN.
The driver's name will remain on the list for Super Licences for one year.

I don't think either team should be punished harsly at all but there you go....

so you agree that Toyota broke the rules, but shouldnt be punished harshly. so what would you consider a suitable punishment, that would deter them??
Who knows, i just feel the FIA should be consistent.

In BAR's case, they gained no advantage over anyone else.

Niether have toyota.

BAR, at the most can be accused of bending the rules, but its highly debatable (from both sides of the arguement) whether any actual rules were fully broken.

In the Toyota case, its clear cut: they don't have a licence and so according to the rules shouldn't have been allowed to race.

In both cases, the FIA knew about both of these things at the beginning of the season, why wait til now?

I don't think BAR should have their points taken away, a fine at the most, althougha million seems a little steep, even considering their budget.

Toyota should be fined at least as much as BAR. If the FIA were to be consistent then they should take away their points and ban them from 2 races like BAR, at least.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote