View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 06:05 AM   #157
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by phantomfocus
Just what F1 needs. If Toyota's points are taken away, the championship will be all screwed up. I vote to forget about it and get on with the racing!
and let people get away with this crap. it will only lead to other teams trying to get away with other shit.

i dont want to get off topic, put people complain about BAR's punishment. now if FIA didnt do something like the 2 race ban and did something more of a slap on the wrist then it would only encourage other teams to go ahead and break more rules.
That depends if you view is that they broke any rules or not :roll:

I think you could claim that there is some difference between not filling out some paperwork, and running an illegal fuel tank. One obviously has the possiblity of effecting your on track performance where the other does? I don't see the big deal with this TYPE of rule infraction.
The fuel tank is 110% completely legal, even the FIA agrees with that. At least 6 other teams run the same type of fuel tank from the same company as BAR - ATL. Also, using the FIA's own fuel pump and car weighing data, it can be proven that BAR were not underweight throughout the entire race and qualifying and therefore gained no performance advantage what so ever. This is backed up by BAR's own fuel consumption data. Tests have also shown that it is impossible to keep the engine going (and hence the car) without the fuel on the collector.

In this case, Toyota clearly have broken a rule, no doubt about it. And as many of you have been saying rules are rules....

Originally Posted by FIA Rules
LICENCES
10) All drivers, competitors and officials participating in the Championship must hold a FIA Super Licence.
Applications for Super Licences must be made to the FIA through the applicant's ASN.
The driver's name will remain on the list for Super Licences for one year.

I don't think either team should be punished harsly at all but there you go....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote