View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #26
911GT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
It was a nice touch, instead of the usual rambling about the news. In the press over here, rallying isn't that big, and with the death of George Best in the same week, Burns' life hasn't been celebrated enough IMO :bah:

Ellen MacArthur suprised me. She is simply such a strong character, and a determined person, that her lap time was well deserved

The Zonda F feature was a little short for my liking, especially with such a fast laptime. It was to be expected really though
Yeah I'm not really a big footie fan but I think Burns did more for UK rallying than Best did for UK football. It's pretty sad that the latter get more attention. I remember when Burns came on top gear and they threw a bucket of cold water at him. What a sporting guy... He will be missed. Can't say the same to other sports personalites.

I bet Ellen can go at least 1/4 sec faster or at least equal Damon Hill laptime. She really suprised me. I guess it's true, with proper dicipline anything is possible. Even beating a world class F1 champion.

Zonda feature is kinda short although amazing. Still my favorite car on the planet. BUt the real reason of it being short i think is because next week that laptime will be throughly smashed by the veyron by a mile stone. I bet the veyron will clock at least 1.18. I'm willing to put a fiver on that, any takers?

Edit: did you guy notice that almost all of the shot of the race incl the interior shot of may driving have been refilmed? The clue is in the side mirror, May fold his at the start of the race and for most of the video it's open but at the finish, it's closed again. Pretty good editing I must say.