View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 04:54 AM   #1
dingo
Regular User

Default Dingo is going to the Outback - in some exotics! (preview)

Well its time to spill the beans (since I have hinted at it before), but on August 4th I will be flying to Alice Springs (see the map) for 6 days of pure heaven.

I will be meeting up there with a bunch of exotic car owners and a couple of other enthusiasts. My main role on the trip will be photographer – something I am more than happy to do!

The participants that are confirmed:

· Lamborghini Murcielago
· Lamborghini Gallardo
· Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
· Ferrari 360 Spider
· Ferrari 550 Maranello
· Porsche 996 GT2
· Porsche 996 Turbo
· Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG (maybe)
· Lotus Esprit S4
· Honda NSX
· Porsche Boxster
· Subaru WRX
· Nissan 350Z

There were a couple of other cars considering coming, but for various reasons will not make the trip. (ie. Testarossa, 328, Diablo, TVR, Miura ( :shock: ), GT40…..)

I have taken the seat in the 550 to start with, but over the 6 days I will swap around and hopefully get to experience them all.

The main reason this place has been selected is because it is one of the few remaining places on earth where there are NO SPEED LIMITS!!!! So these cars can be used like they were meant – with me in the passenger seat.

Here’s a little pic of the Stuart Hwy…..

Australias largest car magazine (MOTOR) will most likely be joining us on one of the days to get some pictures and info which they will feature in a future issue. If they attend they will be bringing along another car - all they've said is it would be different.

We will obviously do some of the tourist stuff like visiting Uluru (Ayers Rock) and such, since alot of us have never been out there before.
So I will return with plenty of car pics (and vids), but also some scenery shots of the outback.

If any of you have a request (i.e. particular videos or pictures for example) then let me know and I’ll see what I can do…..

To say I am excited would be an understatement……bring on August the 4th!!!!