View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
Lightbane
Regular User

I like how when anything like this happens, no matter what is being blamed, be it movies, video games, or music, somebody always claims that kids/teenagers have trouble seperating reality from fiction. Does anyone here recall at any point in their life not knowing the diffrence between what they saw on the T.V. and what they were doing in RL? Even as a wee little tyke of 5 years old or so I knew that those Thundercats were cartoons and that if I went around swinging a sword I'd be in trouble. And how about good ol G.I. Joe? Just before a Cobras jet gets hit with a big honkin missle the pilot bails out. I was in the first grade and I would STILL yell out a big old "THATS SO FAKE!!"

The point is, kids know perfectly well what they are doing. Parents and other adults have repeated phrases like "Oh they're just kids. They don't know any better." so many times that now kids know they can use it as an excuse when they do something they knew was wrong in the first place! "Gee judge, it's not my fault. I'm just a kid who played to many Video Games. Do you mean to say that I'm not suppose to attack people with a crowbar? Is that a new law?"
Lightbane is offline   Reply With Quote