View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #36
tforth
Regular User

Oh - so you are a magazine racer.

Enough said.
Please remind me, what exactly is the title of this thread?

Christ - have you ever driven one? Or any of its competitors? Because you are completely full of shit if you say "it feels like a $20,000 American car".
I have never ever read or heard anyone, other than yourself, say that any corvette has a decent interior. I have sat in a regular C6 as well as the Z06, and would agree that the fit and finish is marginal for a 45k vehicle and pretty sad for a 75k one. Deny this all you want, but no one would ever by a vette for its level of quality! Don't get me wrong, this is not and should not be the focus of our discussion. It's just a 'fact'.

To say otherwise porove the bias you display.
I am the one displaying a bias here - hmmm. I do not own a Veyron or a Porsche, so where exactly is my vested interest? If I'm not mistaken, you own a C5 Z06, right?...

And a 993 GT2 wasn't? Yet another biased load of crap.
Huh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT2 (see 993 GT2 evo)

Ibet he gets lots of looks from the other pooftas at Starbucks..
it's a nice medium performing medium paced car - ideal for the poser.
So, Porsches are for posers and it's the corvettes that are driven by the real men? I thought you said that I was the biased one here? BTW, the last time I saw a statistic on them (in Automotive Industries - I know, another magazine...), over 80% of corvettes were sold with automatic transmissions. What exactly does that say?

What a crock of shit - He was cross shopping a Cayman and Z06.. uhm - the car's are in the same price range - but - uhm - not market competitors.. the mere fact you and he seem to think they are "competirots" is rather telling.
A car purchase is not a one dimensional decision. Straight line performance appeals to Americans more than to pretty much anybody else. When I spoke to him again about it today, he mentioned that the driving position was crappy and the clutch/throttle/brake/shifter felt like they were patched together, unlike his Cayman. I know these seem like small details to you, but they are effectively a major part of the man/machine interface.

Shut the fuck up already with your crap.
Were you starting to cry at this point?

you're really not going to like this quote then:

from evo 099, Pg. 129 (written by Richard Meaden)

"Far from feeling like the big, numb, unwieldy contraption that prejudice - and, it has to be said, prior experience of earlier incarnations of Vette - would have us believe, the (new) Z06 earned our respect and admiration."

Did you notice the cracks in the brake discs of this vehicle they tested? That was from one session at Spa. Not exactly robust. I guess that's why they have coined the term "Porsche brakes" and not "Corvette brakes".

Old money

WTF are youon about old fucking money?

WTF does "old money" havce to do with a sports car?
This referred to one of your previous quotes were you were going on about how versatile the Z06 is and that you could take it to the opera or something. I was simply indicating that corvette would not be seen in those circles.

all you fit and finish people are so quick to mouth off
Hey, when someone spends 75 grand, even if they realize that they got a good deal on the performance side of the equation, they still expect a certain minimum level of quality.

Tell me, if you think the press is so useless and misleading than why are you referencing the lap times that Auto Zetiung apparently came up with? Are they only good when the print something that helps your argument and wrong, the majority of the rest of the time?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote