View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
what kind of video card do u have or monitor size and what kind of avi's r u trying to run (HD). i have that problem with some 1080 movies cause my laptop runs a video accelarator and the 1080 uses up too much of my ram and causes the video to pixalate (crash)
the picture i posted was just a regular DVD and not HD, i just have the vid running on full screen res and took the image then.

my video card driver is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450. i am running directx 10, the screen res is 1280*800.

when i got the laptop naturally everything was pretty much ok but vista kept having weird glitches and i got myself a trojan so i formatted my HDD before more damage would be done.

well like i said the vids run fine but they are just pixelated. i will try getting the latest video card driver and hope that will solve the problem.

EDIT:

ok i got the solution, it was VLCs fault. i had to set the Vide output to DirectX and everything is fine again.

thanks for the input everyone
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote

Last edited by silentm; 11-07-2008 at 10:44 AM.
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote