View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #31
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by racingfreak
youd be hard pressed to find a better performance per dollar.
Just remember one thing, the only place that the corvette is actually cheap is in the US. To import one to Europe almost doubles the cost, so then it is more in the price range of lamborghinis and ferraris, SO OK I'LL SAY THIS: If you live in the US by all means by a corvette, cause its cheap for you and keeps them from being exported to other countries...And the only reason a corvette is cheap is because it is made cheap...the quality on a corvette doesn't even compare to that of a fiat in my opinion, and a fiat is put together with nothing more that a couple of pieces of double sided tape...

First.. the m3 engine is about 100 lbs heavier then that corvette 6L. Push rods are generally lighter engines then dohc engines. And the corvette engine puts out more bhp.
If I cant compare a 500K car with a corvette, how can you compare a 70K corvette with a 40K M3??? Please, out of all the cars I listed you chose the saloon car to compare to your "sports" cars...
show's how much you know LOL

Year ............. 2005 ............. 2005
Make ............ BMW ............ Chevrolet
Model ............ M3 ................ Corvette
Trim ......... 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M) ........ 2dr Hatchback (6.0L 8cyl 6M)
MSRP ....... $47,995................ $44,510

Base True Market Value
M3
$38,710
Corvette
$34,141

Mileage (City / Hwy) .... 16/23.......... 18/26
Curb Weight ................ 3415 lbs ..... 3179 lbs
Power .......................... 333hp ......... 400hp
standard Vette is faster then, and cheaper then a M3 when new; The Z06 is on a whole other level of performance, on part with Ferrari beating, Porsche Turbo/ GT3 RS matching, and Lamborghini humiliating abilities. As to quality; it isn't nearly as bad as you say it is. The interior on a Enzo is utter crap... then again, its practically a stripped out racer. the 360 CS is even crapier IMO [actually, i'd prefer a more stripped out interior... ]... yet you pay even more for it. the Z is built to a price, and to a performance level... there is no escaping that, but on the track, and on the street... posing doesn't count much does it? oh, and even at 2x the price, it is still cheaper and faster then the cars I mentioned LOL.

Where's brembo