View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #101
fabro_s
Regular User

Well I bought the game today at my lunch time in work.

So here it is another small review from a car freak car game lover.

First of all, I have both systems 360 and PS3 I have PGR3 PGR4 Forza 2 and GT4, I already finished all of them, so I compared.

Graphics: What can I say, GT has always been a step forward in this part and it did it again, believe me, I can be all weekend playing the game just to watch the replays and the intro before a race starts when the cars are at the pits, it is just superb, in another level, makes forza 2 cars look cartooney unreal, way way better than those in PGR 3 and 4.

Sound: Well in my (personal) view, they are still like 50% to 60% from perfection, it just broke my heart when I heard again those horrible unrealistic tire sounds, and those vacuum cleaner engine sounds, forza 2 and PGR are a step forward in these department, I dont know why but PD should pay more attention at this sound details. BTW the soundtrack and the menu music in GT5P isssssssss awsoooomeeeeee never heard anything like that on a racing game, it kept me relaxed and in a good mood =).

A.I.: Sorry to dissapoint you but it SUCKS, its not a surprise to see a car off the road in every race or out of control, they still ram you, believe me, I think they improved like a 5% in this area, and thats nothing, Forza 2 wins again in the A.I. area.

Gameplay: Well I played with a controller so, I have nothing to say, this thing needs to be played with a proper steering wheel to really experience the driving, but it improved, really, its way different I think it is more real than the one in Forza 2. Menu screen, options, car configuration its excellent and very user friendly, nothing complicated.

Online: Its ok, it lacks some things, but we all know its the first time a GT game has online gameplay, so its good for a start.

Overall: Well its improving a lot, no doubt about it, for 40 bucks its ok, and is just a good preveiw of what to expect from GT5 (considering is a year ahead). If PD could just have realistic engine and tire sounds, some weather effects like PGR 4, and the car brands that are missing like Lambo and Porsche, believe me, it will be out of this world, will make me quit my job, and play the fuckin thing all day long.

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote