Thread: Porsche News
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 03:01 PM   #44
st-anger
Regular User

well, i arrived back from holidays today and it seems like i really missed everything...
a former colleague during my time at Porsche Weissach mailed me on the 26th of october that he just attended the "CGT experience" for the customers the day before. sadly he won`t be a owner some time, but he managed to attend, we call this our "Weissach bonus"...
as i posted before there were two CGT´s a black and a silver one, with proffesional drivers to show the customers the true potential of the car. the customers weren`t allowed to test drive a CGT but a C2, C4S, TT,TT X50, GT2, Cayenne TT & S. many of the ppl attending were also Cayenne drivers and the instructors showed them also the real potential of the Porsche SUV around the track, and yes, you can drift with a 955TT properly.... the 955S was mainly for off road use...
my friend arrived at midday where the customers had lunch at that time. Porsche has quite a program for CGT customers, not only the standard Leipzig factory tour...
by the time they reached the airport ( ...when they were comming by plane...many customers were from usa or something like that ) a Cayenne picked them up and they were brought to a well known hotel in leipzig.
an exclusive dinner in a top restaurant with all inculsive. you can order what you want and as much you want. the following day`s programme: the standard video presentation of the facility and a special CGT vid, lunch at the restaurant, followed by a tour trough the museum. to sum it up a tour of the 7 production lines where the first production car`ll be finished in october. after that, 2-3 hours track experience with the cars i mentioned above. to sum it up, really all of the ppl who had the chance to get a ride in the CGT were speachless due to its performance and the driver`s courage to push it so far, must have been real fun, maybe i´m able to attend a "CGT exp. event" in late october, i´ve told the right ppl that i would like to...
then i`ll be able to provide you some pics too...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote