View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #12
ZfrkS62
Regular User

"When you set the bar, you feel obliged to raise it every now and then" -Transition page on the E90 microsite

"We began building a car, and ended up building a dynasty" -3 series heritage transition page

BMW M6 Convertible:

AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 4/6/05

Close on the heels of the Geneva show world introduction of the M6 (AW, March 14), BMW engineers are already well into testing of a drop-top version of the performance coupe. Powered by a 5.0-liter 507-hp V10, the M6 convertible, shown here with body-colored camouflage panels on front and rear valances, should still be capable of 0-to-60-mph runs in less than five seconds, despite the added weight of a convertible top apparatus in place of the M6 coupe’s carbon fiber roof.

Seven-speed sequential manual transmission, speed-sensing variable locking differential, M-tuned two-mode steering, and modified stability control allowing more power oversteer complete the mechanical package. The M6 coupe goes on sale in the United States in mid-2006, most likely as an ’07 model, followed by the M6 convertible.

[img=http://img139.exs.cx/img139/2874/1021368dt.th.jpg][/img] [img=http://img139.exs.cx/img139/9049/bmwm6rearview0eb.th.jpg][/img]

I am currently searching for info on the X5 Coupe that is going to be ready for 2008. But so far nothing

How about 7 series facelift info? http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/01/au...3nug-bmw7.html you will have to register to read the article

FIRST GLANCE
An Ever-So-Subtle Nip and a Tuck for the 7 Series

2006 BMW 7-Series
By JIM McCRAW

Published: April 1, 2005

Introduced on Wednesday: 2006 BMW 7 Series

What's the point? In spite of its controversial body design and tall Bangle-butt rear end, named for Chris Bangle, BMW's design chief, the 7 Series is the best-selling flagship in the company's history. This facelifted 7 Series does mess with a winner, with design, engine, and interior tweaks throughout, and serves to calm down the styling a bit.

Is it real? It's as real as can be, and BMW aims to sell even more of them than the previous best-seller.

The company line: BMW of North America's Tom Purves told the assembled journalists that one of the 7 Series' many improvements is a revised (again) iDrive system, the controversial, troublesome one-knob controller than works in conjunction with the video screen to control dozens of electronic, climate, navigation and entertainment functions. Good.

The view from here: There are only a few sedans in the world that we would put in the Whispering Hammer class, and the 7-Series is certainly one of them: fast, agile and comfortable as your own easy chair. We don't think the revisions to the rear bodywork, spoiler and lamps go far enough, but then, you can't see the butt end from the driver's seat.

What makes it tick? Four different models will be offered, as before. The starter models are the 750i and long-wheelbase 750Li with a larger, more powerful 4.8-liter V-8 engine making 360 horsepower, coupled to a 6-speed automatic. The senior versions will be the 5.0-liter V-12-powered 760i and long-wheelbase 760Li, using a 438-horsepower V-12 engine.

How much? How soon? The facelifted 7 Series will be in showrooms in May. The 750i will be priced at $71,195, the 750Li at $75,195, the 760i at $110,695, and the 760Li at $118,095.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote