View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #117
mindgam3
Regular User

"The dampers on the car are too soft, not stiff enough for performance driving"

"Because the suspension is soft, the front feels heavy at corner entry"

"There is a lot of weight transfer"

"I wish the front turned into corners better, the tires need to be more performance oriented"

Generally if the front end is set up soft, the car will turn in a lot better as it'll have more grip.

I think the differences between "basic" fast car suspension and supercar suspension is huge. There is a difference between a car being set up soft and its ability to ride bumps and transitions.

Generally "lower budget" supercars seem superstiff and handle well but do not actually ride very well. So they could have super stiff damping yet soft suspension so roll alot, or vice versa so flabby and bouncy when riding bumps but feel stiff.

Supercar/race car suspension will be set up stiff yet, but its dampers will work in a way to iron out the bumps so the car, although feeling soft from within the car will actually be gripping the road alot better.

Dont know if i've explained myself very well; I dont doubt the NSX's ability but I refuse to believe that it rides and handles better than a CGT.... or any of the porker range for tht matter... IMHO i think the reviewer needs a kick up the arse
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote