View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Originally Posted by RC45

460rwhp?? Don't they make 505hp at the fly? So only 45hp lost through the drivetrain?
This is correct.

I've seen the Z06 here and I don't think the interior is close to that of a BMW or Audi!
We saw your photos of the car at the race track - so I have to ask you, when you looked at the car and mentally compared it to BMW's, Audi's, Yugo's and Holden's did you then turn to the owner and say "Fuck your car looks like shit compared to these other cars"...

Or did you look and hear and see and think to yourself "Holy Mother of God" as it blasted past on yet another lap.

I think we know the answer to that one.

No doubting its pace though, definately a beast and relative bargain.
Isn't that the point once the cars arrive at the race track though?

Doesnt a track day sort of filter out all the magazine and bench racing bullshit and the cars begin to stand on their own merits - and the interior means diddly squat.
Don't get so defensive mate, I wasn't having a go at the car.
I wasn't being defensive - I was simply asking the obvious quesiton - and that is as critical as every one is (even me - whom is critical of the "overweight fat Lambo Murci") when we see the car in the flesh, we don't run up to the owner and say "Whoa - that Lambo sure is fat and unwieldy" - instead we are struck by what the car is - not what it isn't.

The interior comment was in response to Nth saying it rivals a BMW or Audi which I think we all agree isn't true - whether or not that matters wasn't the point.
But not everyone agrees - and the C6 does rival BMW and Audis interior.

[
I bought an Evo - not for the interior either but for the performance so you don't need to preach to me.
Which makes me wonder why do people insist on cross class/model comparisons anyway.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote