View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #11
N.J.
Regular User

None on your list...

I still believe the original Need For Speed was the best of the series.

Technically, Porsche Unleashed was the best for its graphics & handling...but as much as I love 911s, it didn't have the variety/balance of the original.

The original was great not only because of the different makes, but the handling was terrific (you could FEEL the differences between each car, strengths/weaknesses and all that - every other NFS has failed in this respect bar Porsche Unleashed) and those 3 open road tracks with 3 sections in each was fantastic. (best 3 road/tracks of the entire series)

So the NFS I'd like to see would be the original game (with its real car videos, background, history features from Road & Track, realistic handling, open road courses with 3 segments) with current technology and cars (including dashboards)

Most importantly, I WANT A SIM!!! NOT ARCADE CRAP! - no being chased by Police around in circles around a track, no helicopters dropping bombs, no pink slips, underground, no points for jumps/flips/'high air' etc. etc. etc. -none of that rubbish...its time to get back to basics and what made the original so great - a great driving sim on open roads!

p.s

Its 10 years since the original came out - and I STILL feel like starting it up and having a go (even when I've got NFS2,3,4,5)...its still THAT good.

N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote