View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #15
blue8
Regular User

I'm happy for Kovalainen's first win even if it was just 'inherited' due to Massa's engine failure. I can't imagine how Massa must be feeling after a very impressive overtaking move at the first corner (world champion material). I didn't think the race was that exciting. It became interesting because of the surprises and unexpected results. Perhaps the worst news of all coming from the race (at least for me) is that the Hungaroring will remain on the F1 calendar until 2016.

Got this from PF1:
Thus Heikki Kovalainen finally got the lucky break he'd deserved from some unlucky moments earlier in the season. It was his pressure on Massa in the closing stages that caused Massa's blow-up and though he inherited the win, it was at least his due.
Are they serious?

BMW Sauber just disappeared during the race. Barely any mention for them. From now, it'll be Ferrari vs. McLaren all over again. Although McLaren dominated the qualifying sessions, Ferrari were clearly faster during the race. It will be tight between both teams.

Timo Glock was great throughout the entire weekend from practice sessions to qualifying and the actual race.

I still don't know how Raikkonen managed to pit and get ahead of Alonso despite making a mistake a lap before. Where's the footage?

This is also the third time this season that everyone got away unscathed after the first corner following Montreal and Hockenheim. Everyone's a cautious driver all of the sudden?

In three weeks, the F1 circus will be heading to the streets of Valencia Spain for the first time! I'm very excited about that!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote