View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #58
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
Wow, I missed out on a lot on this thread. So people actually tried to compare the CTS-V's basic electronic gadgetry and magnetic ride adjustment to that of rolling traction machine that is the GT-R in order to expose some sort of hipocrisy. Can you say stretch?
No, if you read all of my posts, I mentioned that you can't really compare the to, specifically because of GT-R's AWD. But the CTS-V does have a trick suspension, and do all the work for you automatic transmission.

Originally Posted by 79TA
As far as auto vs manual, I think the easier shifting of the auto would make up for any of the slight horsepower seep difference. So, I'll buy GM's line about the auto being faster.

My TA's consistent automatic transmission has helped me outrun plenty of faster cars with drivers who couldn't shift well . . . although that's hardly relevant to Heinricy on the 'ring.
Exactly.. And on a 14 mile track with over 200 corners, it will make a difference. If an automatic transmission is shifting faster and without driver input, it will be faster around a circuit, especially one as technical as Nurburg even if it is the same driver.

My point is that, these new cars are only breaking such records due to the advanced engineering and technology.