Thread: Nissan GTR News
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
I think everyone is under estimating the level of grip from a AWD car... believe in me.. grip in these things are amazing grippy.. like walking on honey. I've taken corners leaving M3's ad Porsches to eat my dust...

D. you might have track experiance but you obviously have no experiance in a high powered awd car? this is just and assumption. So entry speed and exit speeds are just out teh window as some of the rules that apply to fwd and rwd cars dont apply to awd cars. Example... rally cars.

I rest my case.
I think you are forgetting your car was not a 4000lb pig when loaded up with the driver.

You are describing a modded lightweight AWD car.

I have driven a particularly high powered AWD car, and it pushed like a muthacrusher on corner entry unless you dropped your entry speed - and it relied on its HP to drive out the corner... yet still, even with 700bhp on tap, lapped no faster than a Caterham Superlight which carried more speed into tthe bends, held it mid corner than exitted withtout the kick in the pants of the 700bhp AWD car.

No matter how you slice it - the GT-R achievd the time with either super sticky tyres or much more HP than advertised - as we know the car isnt a light weight.

I rest my case.

Last edited by RC45; 05-15-2008 at 09:14 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote