Thread: Nissan GTR News
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
Wrong. Acceleration out of the corner isn't the same as straightline acceleration. The car is turning and accelerating at the same time. Basicly, slow and medium speed corner exit GTR is faster than anything. Cornering + acceleration = GTR’s virtue (i would explain but tired of typing much). And if you're familar with circuit racing you should be aware that generally corner exit is much more important than corner entry...
Uhm - now you are contradicting yourself again - we have just done being tols the GT-R is best on fast circuits, yet you just typed above Basicly, slow and medium speed corner exit GTR is faster than anything. - which is it?

ANd in "circuit racing" corner entry can easily make up for corner exit speed... witness a Caterham Superlight - lowish power but very light weight, so it carries a higher coner speed into the corner, higher mid corner speed and then does not drive out of the corner spinning it's tyres - but rather maintains a similar speed to the emtry speed - exactly the same way a 125cc 2-stroke GP bike does.

By maintaining momentum, because it does not have th epower to drive out the corner.

So - if the GT-R is best in slow to medium corners because it has the ability to drive out the corners under power.. where i sall the power?? It only makes 480bhp after all.

And if you are suggesting it rather relies on the entry and mid corner speed, where's the light weight and nimble chassis needed to pull that off?

So which is it better at? Slow to medium or high speed?

We have a couple of contradicting opinions coming the folks who have driven the car.

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
Anyway if you really care so much about why/where GTR is faster as your posts suggest, there’re several BM videos available, take your time and watch them. No need to read about the GTR, no need to discuss the GTR, no need to doubt the GTR, you can see the GTR with your own eyes! Here, i’ve even posted you the links!

http://www.mininova.org/tor/396
http://www.mininova.org/tor/863

Can it get better than this?
Hmm - so what are those videas trying to show? Please explain.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote