View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Carbodiox
Regular User

Default Porsche with diesel - end of the world

Porsche denied puting a diesel engine into their cars couple of times before but now....

Guy spotted this car on petrol station in Sweden and took a photo

“I was just passing a petrol station in northern Sweden when I noticed four Porsche Cayennes standing there at a petrol station. There is nothing strange about this situation, but this time it was something that caught my eye. One of the Cayennes was driving off the diesel pump.

As all the cars left the petrol station I followed them for a while, and they stopped outside a restaurant. I noticed that one of the Cayenne's exhaust pipes were quite different. Not the usual big twin pipes, but instead a single smaller pipe on each side, and that was the Cayenne driving off the diesel pump. With no signs inside the car I decided to wait for them to finish their dinner and listen to the engine as they turned on the engine and drove off. And as suspected, I was right, that was really a diesel powered Porsche - no doubt about that.”

it is believed the most logical engine candidate, which is currently being developed by Audi, is a twin-turbocharged 3.2 litre V6 diesel engine producing more than 300hp.