View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #13
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
That's ubsurd. What's the point of standardizing power ratings and specifications when a manufacturer's willing to flatout lie about its product? Is it too much for people to ask for truth about a company's products?! I don't understand your irrational desire to defend this car.
Your mistaken.. I was one of the originators of the discussions, that questioned the validity over claimed lap times from Nissan. I questioned the weight, discussed the merit of slick / semi-slick tyres. I was not on the GT-R hype mobile, infact quite the opposite.

Notwithstanding, there is no gross injustice imparted by Nissan if the real power produced by their cars is indeed more than claimed power. If their car puts out 10% more power than originally claimed, you can't jump up and down and call them liars! They simply make decent engines??

I do not understand how you can feel cheated, or jaded if you were to get more than you were expecting and for what you paid for.

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Then you shouldn't have said it.
Since when are you a post nazi? It was a tongue in cheek comment to another member, who I doubt took offence and realised the humour as intended, and is well aware of my desire to import the new Vette, as soon as the RHD issue is resolved!