View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
wasaabi92
Regular User

Default $15,000 new (used) car...

The BMW has 107xxx miles on it. This is very high, but the price reflects that. It's currently $11,900. I see that as a bit of a bargain, I appraised it on a few sites and it should go for anywhere from $13.5-15k. There were some issues, namely I would have to buy two new front tires, and there are a worringly high number of trim pieces that are askew, missing or not fitting properly. All of the electrics worked, but the hood (bonnet) release stuck. It's Jet Black/Brown which I personally like, and driving it was great fun, but during the winter months ... do I want a ragtop?

The Porsche is at local high-end dealership in Cohasset, MA (read: stuffy). It was taken in part exchange and it's had one owner since new. It's in amazing shape. It's a 1984 911 Carrera 3.2, and it's classic Guards Red/Black. Eveything worked. Plus it's a Porsche! Yummy. It's got 35,000 miles and loads of paperwork detailing the work. I think it's the best of the bunch, but it's $17,000 and lets not forget insurence. Still ... I would never tire of it.

The final choice is the MINI. It's an '04 MOnte Carlo Edition, and it's covered 24,000 miles. It's currently $16,500, which stikes me as cheap, esp for the model that it is. It's at another fancier car lot down in Cohasset. It's basically a new car and I liked it a lot, but there's not as much charm as the 911. It's probably th emost sensible choice, but do I want that?

What would you choose?[/list]
wasaabi92 is offline   Reply With Quote