View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #44
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Had a short (no license plates) test drive in the Red (with silver stripes) 86 Camaro with a 305 V8 and 5-speed transmission.

Ran great and sounded real nice with its 4 inch straight pipes.

Owner bought it from a friend, never had the chance to put it on the road officially but drove it for about 150 miles on dealer plates with no problems.

Suspension took bumps nicely but didn't really get to test out it's handling. On the way back gave it about 3/4th throttle from first to second which easily put a smile on my face.

Engine was rebuilt a couple times, he was unsure of the total mileage but the clock said 71,000 but mentioned it had rolled over once. So it should have 170,000 miles on the chassis. The transmission must have been rebuilt as well cause it felt solid and shifted very well. Mentioned he would get more information from his friend who did the work.

Only real bad is that it need an EGR valve and new valve covers. I should be able do the valve covers my self but not sure about the EGR valve or how much that would cost, considering I don't even know what the fuck EGR stands for.

It's going pretty cheap at $1400 and a couple people are looking at it within the next few days.