View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Forza1 was a fun gimmick at best.

It was always lacking something, and even though I finished it - the lack of a proper wheel always had it being an online gimmick.

Forza2 is going have the same problem, because without a mature wheel it can never rise above neat novelty game - no matterhow much "simulaiton' they try code into it.

Forza never had the "emmersion" value o f even GT3 or 4.

Thsi si where Gt5 will blow Forza2 outof the water - because if the "immersion" nature of GT5 in its demo form (which is really not GT5, but rather Gt4HD) then FM2 has a long way to go

Just completed doign a session of GTHD with the G25...

And the sheer pleasure of feeding proper steering inputs into and receiving proper steering feedback from the game is something that silly M$ wheel will never give.

Not to mention the 1080p visuals, the solid wheel models, the dynamic environement - even without damage, the experience is exilirating.

Thats what FM1 and FM2 will probably lack - charisma
Sounds to me like your baseing immersion on a steering wheel and resolution. If you can get past the terrible sound effects, lack of customization and online modes then more power to ya. GTHD is fun and very pretty dont get me wrong, but its the same game we've had for years. Forza 2 will sell more because its a more in depth, different experience and lets face it. Far more people own an Xbox 360