View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #180
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by nthfinity
Brembo,

Is there a reason you don't like the Z06?

I don't like the McLAren F1 because its a shoddy handler (objective) that was touted as the ultimate fanboy car (subjective), and ultimately didn't deliver to those who know; ugly (subjective), and is the ultimate in hipocracy of the european expressed opinion (good through great handling, with minimal needed power). (subjective and objective)

Hey nice to see a reply that doesnt involve insults as a startup.....

Well I actually like the Z06.... :shock:.....I know....

The thing is I really like the Z06 and respect it tremendously for what it can do on a track both the C5 and the C6.
I have watched quite alot of RC`s vids and the sound of his car are pure pleasure to my ears....
As an track car I think its a great car I dont belive the gearbox are the greatest, and I know the ride can be alittle harsh...(not from JC or other car journalist, but from a friend of mine who had the pleasure of driving one quite alot)...

The far most reason I end up in arguments about the Z06 are not because I am an idiot who think its American therby cant take a turn, its when someone try and make it out to be something its not...
Its a great fast car, but its not a low gas milage car...compared to other cars with high powered engines it is decent,but not low in the real sense of the word, its a two seater so its not practical pr definiton of practical and so on...
The Z06 have so much going for it in the performance department theres no need trying to make it out like it have a great interior as we know thats wrong, its ok but nothing more......

I appriciate a fast car as I own one wich by some standards can be considered fast at least when it came 12 years ago...
So I understand where RC are coming from when he preach the Z06`s greatnes, but when he try and make it out to something its not I will get in his face, and when someone always try and put in a comment about how great something are, myself and alot of people get feed up with it...

I dont know what car you drive infhinity maybe you know what car I drive maybe not,but most people on JW doesnt know what car I drive, while everyone on JW know what RC drives and his car are a "one in a million" car compared to mine I dont feel the need to scream look at me and my car.....like it seem RC need to do...
As I said eralier in this thread the Z06`s worst enemy are not us who like Euro cars, its RC.....

I agree with you on the macca tough....
:Twisted:

about RC... I know where he's coming from by a great margin... it only took a year to weed out most of the "corvette is american, no way it can handle" crowed; and they still pop up every so often.

Then there are the "its american, it can't possibly be quality" crowed; which again is a farce at best... and they are still running rampant spreading heresay without so much as a shred of knowledge... after working for a supplier, we supply anybody who thinks our bids are the best... we make quality (and/or shit) material for any and all of the companies from Germany to Japan to Korea and the USA... to think that Germany's fake brushed alluminum interior trim is any better then the crap that is in the Lincoln zypher is a farce.... besides shape... its the same material, and same fit and finish.... just for a good example. Wear and tear is no different.... you'll find plenty of Florida cars with cracking dashboards... but not even VW accurately model that.

for example, some people don't care for their car in the Florida sun.. roll up the windows, and let 'er bake in excess of 200 F, open the doors, roll down the windows, and crank the A/C on..... you can see where i'm going... even VW's, Audi's, BMW's, and any fool stupid enough wiht a Ferrari, or Maybach will have the same problem before much of the term of lease/ownership has passed.

some cars are good in some areas, and shit in others... this is true in VW, Audi, Chevy, Chrysler, and Ford etc. etc. etc. building to a price has it's drawbacks; but also makes for a more affordable car where at the end of the day the car isn't hiding behind fake appointments, it is just what it is.

BTW, Tiff's RS2 video was one of the first TG videos i had ever seen, and wondered why such an amazing ride wasn't available here... pitty, it is damn cool (i've known you've had the RS since i was a 7 post n00b here )