View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #176
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by tforth
Considering the C5 Coupe has a large glass hatch, and the C5 Z06 has the very same profile as Convertible with Hardtiop and an actual trunk - the car is quite distinct.
So, are you saying that this body shell wasn't available with the 'garden engine'. I'm pretty sure I knew a guy who bought one, when they were new.

Another thing I was surprised to read, was that the official top speed for the C5 Z06 was only 176 mph (limited by redline in 5th). That's quite a bit slower than its competition, isn't it?
The Z06 shaped Vette with the garden variety engine would be the Fixed Roof Coupe (FRC). There are a few exterior details that sets it apart from the Z06 though.

I just want everyone to know that this thread has baby jesus in tears. Also, given where I live, if I had to choose between the Z06 and RS4 as a daily driver, the choice is easy. RS4 for the win. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a Z06.
That means you are willing to spend the entire summer driving an overweight pig?

BTW the FRC was on sale in 1999 and 2000, and came with the 345bhp LS1, only black interior, only stick shift, power drivers and manual passanger seat (it's a sports car after all and weight savings is the goal), Z51 suspension, lighter thinner front and rear glass... pretty much the performance Corvette of the day.

Notice I said "given where I live". IF I had to choose one, then yes, I'd happily spend my summer driving an overwieght pig. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean I have to agree. Complete opposite actually, I'd love to have one.
I'm not dissing the Z06, I'd love to have one of them as well. If I were in the position to do so, I'd have both.