View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
A "stripped out" Z06 would be 100kg's lighter and if built with the same razor edge of the GT3-RS
According to Porsche's German site, the base Carrera is 1395 kg, and the GT3 RS is 1375 kg (i.e. a difference of 20 kg - compared to the 100 kg difference on the vette that you're suggesting). The GT3 RS is not 'stripped out'. What ever weight was removed, was replaced with things like a cage, rear wing, fire extinguisher, etc. to make it better suited for track work. In other words, it was engineered for it's intended application, not just stripped out by some 'tuners'.
Have you ever been in and or around an RS setup Porsche? For that matter have you ever been in and around a plain-jane GT3?

The car is quite more agressively set up and tuned than the run of the mill 911 or even the Turbo. And if youwere an objective commentator youwould acknowledge this.

You have an obvious bias - because as you pointed out the RS was purpose built for the track, and barely beats the 100% street car, run-flat tyred Z06 - yet you refuse to acknowledge this means something.

Oh - and before you get all hot and sweaty about me being a Porsche hater, far from it - I am a Porsche lover and have been in and around a number of rather special Porsches and apreciate them for what they are - and while some are suited to be fantastic comfy daily drivers - the GT3-RS is not.

Furthermore, Porsche didn't switch from a steal to an aluminum chassis like the vette designers did. In addition, for what it's worth, Porsche will make money on every GT3 RS they sell, whereas GM might as well fill those golf bags with cash, in the back of every Z06 they manage to sell...
What exactly is your point?

GM sells every Corvette they produce... The same way Porsche sell all the 911 they produce.

A "stripped out" Z06 would be 100kg's lighter and if built with the same razor edge of the GT3-RS would be outlapping the CGT and Enzo..
Well evo timed the CGT around their Bedford circuit originally at a 1:19.70, whereas the Z06 came in at 1:24.45. So, I think you're dreaming.
Are you always this slow? I stated "if the car was stripped out, 100kgs lighter and built with the same razors edge as the GT3-RS" - I never claimed the current setup will do it.

I have to conclude wome people are first class magazine racers and little else - ands it is not possible to cinduct an adult discussion vizaviz performance cars because al they can do is show bias and argumentive responses.

Just give credit where credit is due for God's sake and move on.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote