View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 03:57 AM   #17
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
As I said I see THOUSANDs of speeding econocars every week - they all speed.. seeds range from 70 in a 65 to 80 and above.
I too see many, and they speed wrecklessly.

The %age of sports car drivers that speed in regular traffic is very low. We actually have to entice each other to do it.. the reason is simple - if a cop sees 2 cars, a Porsche going 70 in a 65 and a Civic going 80 he will pull the Porsche over everytime.
wrong ! he wouldn't pull the Porsche cause you have a 10% tolerance and he ain't gone over it

The answer "most" people would give is wrong because they are not driving sports cars they are driving econcars and "think" they would speed because its easier.

The "speeding" is a factor of attitude more than car.
There you go, its a redundant answer. You've always argued how sports cars mostly come with the "Starbucks, fanboy, rich boy, yuppie, attitude". I am certain that the speeding attitude is among those.

In her state and attitude the accident would most likely have happened in an econocar anyway.
I don't deny that, but chances are slimmer. If she did took the car without permission, what temptation would it have brought if it was a Camry ? Lets say she would have "stolen" it, but maybe she would't even had been able to speed the car that much.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote