View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #69
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by supercarfreak
according to your last clues i'll take a couple of wild guesses -

ferrari 348 or NSX?
Yes to the former.

It was tough deciding between a 328 and 348 as they were both in my budget for very similar prices.

The 328 has the classical Ferrari looks with the signature tail lights, 288 GTO dials, fantastic reliability, gokart like handling but is a bit weak performance-wise and doesnt have the Ferrari engine sound that I wanted.

The 348 fights back with more power, better grip, better A/c (useful if this car is to be driven in Houston all year round). As far as engine note is considered, it is in a different ballpark alltogether - far superior. It is more expensive to service and the earlier cars 1989-mid1991 are more troublesome - Ferrari had rushed out this car to combat the NSX which was a class apart from the 328 and the 964. Also the first generation 348 has a snap oversteer tendency. The 91-95 cars are supposed to be more reliable and handle better as well.

As far as the looks go - I am not a fan of the rear strakes but the rest of the car looks quite modern. In fact it fools a lot of people into thinking that the car is less than 5 years old rather than its actual age.

I am looking for a decent 348 Series Speciale or TB or Challenge. Hopefully I can find one before the year is out.

SS - this is my favorite

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote