View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #33
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Is it down to the controllers then in your case would you say or something else ?
Many things actually , those controllers are the best but also i can say that playing those games costed money , even till the Super Nintendo games were very expensive , so your dad would buy you 6 per year not more probably , so you HAD to play them and enjoy em , with the 3do and Playstation it was all free , you can get copies everywhere , so you ended up having 1000 of games and never enjoying anything ... The things that you pay for are always the most enjoyed , even more if its your money ...

Was the same when kid in the arcades , you were happy that you got lets say a pound so you will spend it in the arcades , games were like a privilege , an event , a kid walking thru those big flashy machines it was the best !

Plus in the fighting games you ended playing with a lot of other guys who you could learn , not the same in the consoles . In the Arcades the guy won and you lost 10 cents , so it was like a revenge , i must beat him , in the PS you lost and who cares ...

Of course with mame everything is free again , but it brings you memories at least , i would love to own a cabinet like yours , but when i work i will probably get one , its just so sweet

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote