View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Read what I said: or even things that they believe they have copyrights over.
I read what you said - it was in english after al

That doesn't mean to say that they are in the right, just that they will fight their corner if they feel that they can win the case. Big companies are not interested in what is right or wrong, just in what they can win.
Uhm - nope, big companies are interested in bottomline - the entire motivaiton for the aciton against us is motivated by their potential of lost revenues.

The fight for a fight case would not even be an issue if their was no moeny motivation..

Heck, Nissan sued a company who had the domain of Nissan.com years before Nissan was even a company (they were still Datsun at that time) and the case is still raging in the US Supreme Court, 7 years after Nissan first sued.
Wow - this story has almost become an urban legend.

Datsun became Nissan before the concept of nissan.com was even a possibility.. If I am not mistaken Datsun beacme Nissan before 1984.

Now the story of the lawsuit is true, but didn't quite go down the way yu think it did

My advice, for what it is worth, is this: if you feel that you are in the right then fight the other company, but be aware that it can be drawn out, tiring and very expensive should they choose to make it so.
Well - the advice is free so I'll take it as such

The very best of luck with your situation.
They need the luck..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote