View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 03:02 AM   #72
gucom
Regular User

haha that pic is ooooolde... i have a Auto Zeitung mag from july 2002 where they have PS pics of exactly the same car, every last detail is exactly the same...(in that same mag they provided pics of the the 997 which were 99% final looks already, and they mentioned a luxury sports coupe based on the cayenne being looked into)

In the article, they say:
This small car would be aimed at younger buyers who think a used boxter or 911 is too expensive, also in maintenance, to be an entry model. since in the premium class customer loyalty is very large, they need to get customers as early as possible.
there are already enough little coupe's, so it should be a hatchback, with very sporty driving dynamics thanks to rear- or allwheel drive, PTM traction control system and PSM stability program.
it would have a typical 911 style interior with not too many buttons and levers and such.
cooperation with VW is possible to reign in the total costs, like hwat happened with the 924 and 944. The engine would be "over 2 litres", with possibly a 4 cylinder version for the entry model. the higher-placed models will have 6 cylinder engines, with a turbo for the top model (although i think that'd make it faster than a boxter).
targeted base price: under 30.000 euros. the aim would be to make it sportier than the MB sportscoupe (but i guess the target would now be the BMW 1 series?)
Officially, porsche says they wont build a baby porsche, porsche is not a mass manufacturer and has to build profitable cars.

now this article is 4 years old now, but people seem to have dug up the pictures from it so i thought i'd just provide some old info as well