View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #93
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by c0wb0y007
TopGearNL,

Congrats with your new camera mate. The more you shoot the better you will get. Analyse the pics you take and be hard for yourself 8)

The thing I did after I had bought mine, was reading the manual about the different programs which you can select on the camera.

Martijn has made a good point there, step away from shooting on AUTO. It sucks !!! I like shooting on "S", "A" and "M".

Happy snapping

Cheers
Thanks Cowboy, that really stimulates me. Already found out that you can shoot better pics when stepping out of the AUTO mode. Will read the manual more carefully though!

What did you mostly practise on in the beginning? I can't seem to find anything to make a panning shot.

Just try and read, try and read, try and read, etc. Try to understand how a camera works. The lightmeter for example isn't some magic machine inside the camera, it just tries to make everything with the metered range 18%.

Jonh Freeman has written some excellent books about photography, that are also easy to read for a beginner. And they can be had in a Dutch translated edition!
Thanks martijn for the tip! Do you have it or do you know where I could get it?