View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #12
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
^ because the tripe is targeted at those people. the ones who would rather see tons of tire smoke than low lap times.

these are the people who shell out 20K in body and light kits to pile onto their stock powered car.

drifting is more useless than drag racing :roll:
I agree that the F&TF series is a bunch of riced-out cars doing stupid-ass stunts, so I also loathe the series just like most of you. I also dislike riced out cars that have 20k of body work but no performance mods. But I can appreciate cars that are modified well and cleanly, whether they be Japanese or not(and no, I'm not some jap-car fan-boy; if anything I would be a MBZ or BMW fan-boy). But do you seriously believe that drifting is more useless than drag racing? Sure, now that is is becoming such a big mainstream thing, it is becoming pretty "gay" but you have to admire the individuals that actually have mastered the difficult art of drifting. I'm sure it takes much more skill than rowing through some gears while going in a straight line(not that it is easy going in a straight line with a 1000+ hp car). Basically, all I'm saying is pay some respect to the real drifters.

Anyways, who wants to bet that modifying laws are going to get stricter in California, and around the US, after this movie comes out?