View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
It's not always a win win situation. Some consumer goods are exactly that. You consume them, they go to waste, and you move on. That's money which could have been spent on something else.

I've worked for a few video game companies, and I had first had experience of people pirating games I worked on (Serious Sam, Deus Ex and Unreal Tournament). Rarely did these people end up buying the real deal. They did however enjoy playing the games for a long, long time.
then look at what the people over at Valve did (Half life) after the huge Counter Strike boom, Valve ended up detecting real s/n's vs. false ones... so if you wanted to continue playing CS, you had to have a legit s/n... then people went out and bought gobs of half life just to play thier already year+ old game they were addicted to...

Serious Sam was fun, but got old real fast... definately an innovative graphics engine.
UT just wasn't that fun to me... but huge to others...
Dues Ex... well, i tried to play it; but it wouldn't launch properly, so i took it back.... but from what people told me, it was good.