Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Two quotes from the article about the Z06

"...this almost-new car had a mere 300 miles on the clock"

"With the headup display showing 180mph, yet still not even close to full throttle in fifth gear, the 'Vette feels like its a pebble skimming across the concrete surface. I call it a day. Sadly, the VBOX isnt as optimistic as the Corvette's speedo, showing our true maximum to be a wimpish but really rather terrifying 170.9mph".

Maybe we should get Jan Magnussen to test all the cars in the field and make everyone happy :roll:
Well - now we find out the car is not even broken in yet... brakes are probably not bedded in, transmission has barely loosened up - etc etc...

And lets see these liars post the RPM of their "170mph" run - and instead of bothering with the HUD.... what did the they not simply obsertve what the analog speedo read??

I am guessing the eurocrats are done with the C6 Z now and will go out of their way to fuck it over in every test they get hold of now.

The euro manufacturers would have been calling the mags and letting them know where their advertising dollars come from.

Without an RPM number posted how can anyone take a speed reading seriously.???

And that's funny... "a pebble skipping across a pond".... what uttter bullshit...

I have had my car at redline in 5th a number of times and it is qyuite stable predictable and very well mannered at 173mph... the newer better aero car will no doubt be better behaved.

Such bias comments are why even as a South African I had a strong dislike for the anti-everything not european bias we used to get from european tourists.

It is again so blatant it is not even worth discussing.

"It's not european so it must suck"
You obviously havent seen/experienced the MIRA ring then. Considering one of the journalists said that taking the 997S to 170mph is the scariest thing he's done bar none makes the Corvette seem civil. What do you want? you complain about a beaten up car, then find it hasnt been broken in. I bet you more than 70% of the cars tested hadnt been broken in properly, like 90% of other car mags do. You cant tell me a British mag will hail a Gallardo made by a German manufacturer and beat down on an American car. They portrayed the car correctly, praised it for its 'outstanding' brakes and 'serious cornering grip' while achieving the highest G rating of any of the road cars.

Kinda the same way that Sport Auto took the Corvette around the Hockenheim ring and posted a ridiculously fast lap - faster than 90% of the European cars. You must read European Magazines in a funny way because all I see is praise being heaped on this car - but all you see is "It didnt beat some european car - too much bias".
Sure.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote