View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #26
STV_Keith
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Yeah, but on what tires? You think that this Viper is going to get traction from a standstill using standard road-tires? If the Viper and Veyron were both using standard road-tires I'd back the Veyron on 0-60 and 0-100. As you said, the Veyron has it at 210+ due to the aerodynamics, and I'd back it 100% in braking tests and on a racetrack.
Ahh, that's the beauty of the AEM engine management computer. Traction control, boost referenced to speed - traction is possible. See the video of the run with the bike - that's on Michelin Pilot Sports (not the Cup's) on the lowest boost. The car is driveable and accelerates hard. Put some Cups or Pirelli Corsa's on it and it will run even harder on the street.

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
I remember an early Hennessey Venom 650 in Car and Driver did 215mph flat out..This Viper has almost 1000hp more than that Venom. :shock: :shock: I agree with ya on the track results unless the viper gets upgraded suspension and equal rubber then it would be an interesting fight..
Hennessey's current record in the standing mile is 217 or 218, and that's with his 1000hp car. We fully expect the viper in the video (Garths' Red Underground Racing car) to run much bigger numbers on top. Like 230-240.

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Marko did street drive the Supra,...

If for somereason the Viper actually gained 600lbs. it would have to be do to all the engine work (strong lengthy piping, huge turbos, and hue intercoolers) but still that seems a bit much even when the car must have carbon fiber front bumper and hood since SVS makes that. Or the driver weighs 400lbs.
The viper (at least the red one that the dyno graph in the first post relates to) is also a street driven car. Registered, insured, etc.

Also remember that a cage, fire suppression system and parachute add some weight, as well as the turbo system, IC, etc as mentioned.

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
Marko Supra is impressive but I guess you guys have forgotten the 1400rwhp Viper that did 8.5 @ 176mph at the "Pump Gas Drags" with full interior, 6 speed, IRS and weighted in at over 3800lbs with stereo equipment...
AFAIK, the current 6-speed IRS record is held by the Yellow Underground racing Viper, at 8.55 @ 174. That is the sister car to Garths' red car, and makes about 100hp less. The IRS record is 7.99 @ 178 by Chad, a Heffner built Viper with an automatic.
STV_Keith is offline   Reply With Quote