View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #22
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
I believe marko d still is still owner of his famous white supra.
Anyway a supra is much better car for the dragstrip than a viper.
Just look at the et of the top supra's much faster than any viper that has run on the dragstrip.
The only viper that has run below the 9 secons on the 1/4 mile(402 meter) it the viper build by heffners performance and that's twin turbo viper.
This the viper i mean i believe the best et is 8.4 seconds but that their streelegal supra that have set faster times.

Anyway i not a huge fan of straightline only cars i love cars that are fast in straighline and in the corners and that brake very well.
Allround cars are the way to go.
Fun is not a straightline.
I guess you'll believe what you want to regardless of the facts and thats your right....But Vipers handle better than Supras at circuits tracks. Stock to stock its not even close much less modded. SCC mag tested roadrace, high hp Supra, Skyline etc vs a Viper making 300hp less but was set up for roadrace...The result???Viper whooped em by 6+ seconds...Even Supra guys will tell you that Vipers have the edge on circuit tracks...This doesnt mean a well setup Supra cant beat a Viper on the track...But given equal drivers and proper track setup for both the Viper will win...Drag racing however its a toss up...Supras are incredible hp monsters. High tech power vs displacement coupled with a little tech[viper]. love em both

BTW there are quite a few turbo Vipers in the 8's and one in the 7 sec range so you are not correct..Supras better drag cars than Vipers huh??????How can you say that when they both trap around the same ET and the Viper usually has more mph...They both have streetlegal cars in the 7's and they swap the 6 speed title between camps..If anything they are closely matched in drag racing...Vipers are harder to launch..1400hp supra makes around 1000-1100tq at higher rpms...1400hp Viper makes around 1300-1600tq at low rpms...The Supra camp has been at this game longer than the Viper camp and they have the edge technology wise..But in just a matter of months the Viper camp has caught, matched or passed them from time to time...Both are great Drag or Circuit cars...Money talks.

BTW streetlegal is a relative term...Not taking anything away but most of those Supras are lightened, and not exactly a car that you will drive someone you like around for a few hours...That Viper that ran the 8.5 at over 170mph was full weight plus added weight of stereo equipment...Thats what I call "real" streetlegal...Oh and it was on pump gas...Do that in a Supra...You gotta give credit where it is due even if you dont really like a car, person etc...